Serving Mercer and McDowell Counties
§48-27-202. Domestic violence defined.
"Domestic violence" or "abuse" means the occurrence of one or more of the following acts between family or household members, as that term is defined in section two hundred four of this article:
(1) Attempting to cause or intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing physical harm to another with or without dangerous or deadly weapons;
(2) Placing another in reasonable apprehension of physical harm;
(3) Creating fear of physical harm by harassment, stalking, psychological abuse or threatening acts;
(4) Committing either sexual assault or sexual abuse as those terms are defined in articles eight-b and eight-d, chapter sixty-one of this code; and
(5) Holding, confining, detaining or abducting another person against that person's will.
Mercer County: (304) 425-8738 ex. 2102
Wyoming County: (304) 732-8176.